Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Fun Facts

One: My hubby emailed me today and asked if I wanted to see Maya Angelou speak in September.


You can tell just by looking at this picture ...that this lady rocks! :)

I was immediately excited and told him I’m in! He said:


“Cool beans. I saw the article and immediately thought of you and all your inspirational quotes. She has quite a few out there. Lol”

He knows me too well. I’m a sucker for inspiration! Below are a few of my favorite quotes from her:

• "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

• “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass.”

• “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!”

Two: My inspiring friend @meggiehd signed up for a 42K relay with her hubby / my co-worker Josh + a few of their other friends…the race is for an organization called: Back On My Feet and it’s aimed to help promote the self-sufficiency of those experiencing homelessness by engaging them in running as a means to build confidence, strength and self-esteem. Anyone interested in running in this with me on Oct. 23 at 8:30 a.m. in Indy? Four person team = $120 / each person does three 2.2 mile loops (total of 12 2.2 mile loops per team). I’m not looking to win, just have fun and get a good run in before my next half marathon! Message me on Facebook / Twitter / leave a comment if you are interested! Here is complete registration info.

Three: I’m so used to eating healthy that when I ate Mexican food last night and drank a beer, I felt like complete crap. I can’t decide if that is a good or bad thing. Probably both.

Four: One of my best friends, Brittany Gerig, is leaving for Germany today to visit our friends Sarah & David Miller. They are also visiting Paris. I’m really looking forward to seeing her pictures and hearing her stories. I’ll get there one day…

Lindz, Em, Me, Molly, Sarah & Britt at a Scotty's Brewhouse Trainers meeting.
Where our beautiful friendships all started! :)

Five: I will do everything in my power to get a pair of Butterscotch boots this Fall. I’ve had my eye on a pair in this color for more than a year now. Send me your awesome Fall boot finds as well. Ok, thanks!
Looking good, Butterscotch boots.

Have a great weekend!

Much love,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment