Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bandit's Morning Trick

It's no mystery that I'm afraid of aliens, sharks, tornadoes, evil spirits, the dark and creepy white vans, to name a few.

When I was getting ready this morning, I looked over and saw the bathroom door slowly creep open.

IS THAT A GHOST?!

Then I saw it.

The tip of his little nose.

Always smiling.


As I walked over the door, Bandit quietly - yet quickly, hopped onto the bed.

He was trying to get comfortable - to look like he had been there the whole time -when I called him out.

"You little jokster!!!" I said."Trying to make mommy think ghosts are living in this house.."

He jumped up on me, placed his paws my shoulders and gave me LOTS of kisses.

It was the perfect way to start my morning.

He made me laugh.

He made me feel loved.

He made me answer this question:

Why so serious!?!

Lately, I've found myself getting bogged down in an endless cycle of tasks and worries.

Sending emails.

Attending meetings.

Making dinner plans.

Updating designs.

Creating playlists.

Traveling to see family and friends.

Training for my half marathon.

Cleaning (kind of).

Cooking (okay, I'm lying - you know I don't cook, just making sure you are still paying attention).

But really, life has been insane lately. The past few months have flown by.  And just this morning, I realized that I haven't made time to listen to the chirping birds, take a walk with my family or guess what shapes the clouds are making in the bright blue sky.

Best of all, this morning Bandit made me realize the importance of escaping my endless cycle of thoughts and worries to enjoy the simplicity of a morning trick. 

Don't forget to acknowledge your loved ones (or fur sons) when they are trying to comfort your soul and ease your mind.

People let me tell you about my best friend...
 
Much love,
Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment