Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas ya'll!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day with your family and friends.

We are currently driving (from Richmond) to Decatur then to Fort Wayne and then back to Richmond.

What, you don't travel all over the state of Indiana for Christmas?!

At least Justin and I have good music, coffee, and each other! :)

Justin actually made 5 burnt CD mixes for our road trip.

"Nothing says I love you like a burnt CD," Justin said when I opened my gift last week.

I love hearing the songs that make Justin think of me...right now we are listening to "Price tag" by Jessie J.

"It's not about the money, money. We want to make the world dance. Forget about the price tags..."

Turns out he thinks my theme song is "Hot Mess" by Cobra Starship. Sounds about right...

Anyway, I digress.

My favorite gift this year (beyond spending time with family) has been the pearl earrings Jdog got me.

I wore fearls (aka fake pearls) on our wedding day. I got the necklace and three sets of earrings for only $10. Boom. Because we got married the weekend after I graduated college (aka on a super tight budget), I was so pumped. The earrings mean so much to me, so I wear them almost every single day (even though they turn my ears green).

But yesterday Justin got me real pearls. It was such a thoughtful (and unexpected gift).

"And now your ears won't turn green!!" Justin added when I hugged him.

So now, I am dreaming about eating bacon and giving my nephews giant hugs! I also want to see their face when they open up their gifts from us (ninja turtle costume set, so you know, my sister will love us when they are beating the crap out of each other).

What's been your favorite gift this year? It can be something you gave or received!

And don't forget to remember the reason for the season!

Much love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment