Monday, October 28, 2013

Why I Am Doing the Advocare 24 Day Challenge

At the peek of my pregnancy, I hit a number that absolutely terrifies me.

A number that you see on the scales of The Biggest Loser.

A number that I never thought I'd see.

A number that was almost 100 lbs higher than my freshmen year of college weight.

Oh, I could just cry.

What happened to me?

It surely wasn't all pregnancy.

I let the stress of life and work and everything inbetween fuel my emotional eating habits. If you're an avid reader and follower of my blog, you know that I've ALWAYS struggled with my weight. Always.

I've tried many diets.

I've tried new exercise programs.

I've trained for many half marathons.

I've came EXTREMELY close to hitting my goal. I was under 200 lbs for the first time in YEARS in May 2012.



I felt amazing, but pretty soon I let the stress of failed pregnancy tests bring me down. And then it happened! YOU GUESSED IT! I started eating my emotions and stopped working out as much.

Despite gaining nearly 30 lbs back, on January 1, 2013 I discovered the best news of my life. Our little miracle was official!

I was pregnant!


I can safely say I enjoyed every single minute of my pregnancy - including the extra calories (primarily in the form of tater tots).

Now that Cooper is 6.5 weeks old, I am ready for a change...which is why I colored my hair blonde and got extensions!

Kidding! This wig is for my Halloween costume on Friday!

But really- I'm ready to get back to the gym!

I am ready to work harder. I've been cleared by my doctor to start working out again...and I'm ready to get this body back in shape!

My body in present day.
NOW - before someone tells me that I shouldn't worry about a number on the scale...trust me, I am not putting my life on the line for a number. I'm a FIRM believer that a number on the scale shouldn't determine your self-worth! I do have a goal number in mind by the end of 2014 (195 lbs). But I will also measure my success in other ways...like the way my clothes fit, the way I feel, and the results at the doctor's office.

And to help me hit my goals, I am going to kick-start my weight loss journey this time around doing the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I've been hearing about these products and this challenge for years.

But honestly, I was hesitant to purchase the products because I didn't want to spend a TON of money and have failed results. I also didn't want to live my life by drinking meal replacement shakes for every meal - that's totally unrealistic for me.

But I talked with my friend Bobbi Shane who sells the products and felt inspired! Instead of making an impulse purchase, I did my research.

I asked friends who had used the products about their experience.

I read testimonials from independent bloggers.

I read reviews from all over the place.

I did my due diligence.

And last night, I purchased the products needed for the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. In a nutshell, the challenge is supplementation and nutrition plan.

The first 10 days of the program is a cleanse program, designed to rid your body of toxins and chemicals to help your body better absorb the nutrients needed for a healthy body and mind.

The next 14 days use the supplements and nutrient plan to provide sustained energy, appetite control, core nutrition, and overall wellness.

At this point, I NEED to lose the weight.

Because I want to live a really long and healthy life.

Because I want to wear my wedding ring again.


Because I want to watch my son and his children get married one day.

Because I want to run more half marathons- and at this weight, my knees and hips couldn't handle the extra pressure this weight is putting on my body.

Because I want to feel the natural energy gained from eating and drinking the best foods and drinks.

Because I want to chase my son around one day without running out of breathe.

Because I want to wear jeans again - not only leggings or jeggings.

Because I want to wear the size Medium dress I worked SO hard to get into two summers ago. 

Medium.
Because I want to BELIEVE my husband when he tells me I'm sexy and beautiful.

Because I want to feel comfortable again when wearing a swimsuit on vacation.

Because I want to run on the beach in my swimsuit and not worry about my fat jiggling all over place.

Because I want to sit in an airplane seat and not feel like I'm toppling over on the person next to me.

Because I want to walk into a store and feel confident that they will have something in my size.

Because I want to go to an amusement park and not worry about exceeding the weight limit for a ride.

Because I want to encourage my son to live a healthy and active lifestyle.

Because I want to feel good and positive about myself more often than not.

Because I want to feel proud about the decisions I make for my health.

Because I don't want to live my life constantly feeling guilty for the emotional eating and bad habits that haunt me each night.

Because I want to try crossfit.

Because I want to look like this again.

BAM!

And do this agian.

Hey best mile time EVER!

 Because I want to complete a sprint triathlon this summer.

Because I want to have another child or two (and don't want to weigh 300+ lbs at the end of it all).

I'm doing this challenge because at the end of the day, my health is what keeps me here with my family and friends for many, many years to come.

And I NEED to lose weight for these exciting moments and memories to occur. Heart disease and diabetes run heavy in my family. I refuse to let these diseases take me down...without putting up a strong fight, anyway!

Wish me luck.

Cheer me on.

And follow along!

I am not 100% sure when I will start the program. I'm thinking sometime in the next couple of weeks.

But don't worry -I'll be sure to post pictures, share exciting developments, and write an HONEST review when I am done!

Until then, I have these guys inspiring me each and every single day.

My boys.
And this guy too!

Can't forget about B!
Much love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment