Friday, April 9, 2010

I'll Never Go To Speedway Again..Ever!

I once told myself that I'd never go to Speedway gas station again. Ever. I had horrible service there a few months ago, which I could honestly write a blog about on its own.

But tonight, I saw that gas was only $2.66, so I thought, hey- I'll give them another try. I'll take one for the team. Maybe it will change my perception about the gas station.

So I pull up into my spot and read the sign, "Prepay only! Pay outside with debit or credit card."
No problem. I'd rather do that anyway.

I stuck in my card into the machine and then pulled it out "RAPIDLY" ---- because the screen demands you do so.
Then the screen said, "Go see cashier."
Ummmm NO! That is exactly why I do the pre-pay pumps. I don't want to walk inside. I don't want to wait in line. I don't want to be tempted by beef jerky and Red Bull.

Alright, I'm done. My point is proven -- Speedway still sucks!

So I hit the "cancel" button and threw myself back into my car like I was Lindsay Lohan after a wild night of partying. Then I drove take off like Britney Spears trying to ditch the paparazzi.

Then I look in my rear view mirror.















"HOLY MAC AND CHEESE!" I screamed.

Just before my eyes, I saw my gas cap flying through the air like a UFO -- sailing through the air without a cause.
You have GOT to be kidding me.

I pulled into the next driveway and parked. Then ran down the highway. Yes, this was on a highway. On busy Scatterfield Road in Anderson, Ind. You need to picture me doing this in scrubs. Justin tells me I run like a fourth grader the way it is, so that alone should make you laugh.

I run over to my poor little gas cap and see it laying on the ground lifeless. Shattered. Broken.


So I'll never go to Speedway again. I mean it this time.
Just like I'll never go tanning again. Scabies.....
Much love,
Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Your life is, I have to say, hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahhahaha!!! Seriously, my book will make millions one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh , I so cant wait to read your blogs after you have kids!!!! I can only imagine:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenna I am writing a book! :) No lie!!!

    ReplyDelete