Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tonight

Tonight, I received an excellent compliment. One of my co-workers was asking about my life and asked how I was keeping up with everything. School, work, wedding plans, job hunting, and house hunting. Oh just another day in the life....

I gave her this look that practically said, "I'd rather play in traffic than talk about life."

Either way, I smiled and told her that I am trying so hard. I am doing my best. And that's all I can do.

She looked at me and smiled. She said, "I have never met anyone in my entire life with the drive that you have. You work so hard and once you set your mind to something, you are so determined. In a way, you are kind of a perfectionist, buts its only because you care so much about what you invest yourself in."

She spoke from the heart and it makes me get goosebumps thinking about it now. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I'm really glad she told me that tonight. Of all nights. I needed it the most. My day was an emotional roller coaster and I bawled my eyes out twice while taking Bandit for a poop walk in our "hood."

But its fine. Sometimes people break down. We are human. We have feelings. We cry. We feel hopeless. But the most powerful moments are when we are tested. When we bounce back. When we learn to fight for what we believe in. When we strive for the top and never look back down.

I'm glad she said that tonight. I really needed it.

Much love,
Ashley

1 comment: