Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy (Right Now)


I'm happy. I can't stop smiling and it's truly an uncontrollable sensation. Through the years, I've found myself saying, "I'll be happy when..."
It was always when I lost more weight, when I got a vacation, when I went to college, when I found a boyfriend, and again, when I lost more weight (that was a frequent one).


And it took me many years, lots of books, meeting inspiring people, and believing in myself to finally realize that happiness comes from the moment. Right then. You can't be dependent upon an unforeseeable event to achieve your own happiness. For if you aren't happy along the journey, what makes you think you'll be happy at your destination? You will always want more, something else, something new. And life isn't about that. It's about the moment. The right now.
Much love,
Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment