Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Road Trips and Adventures at Sea

Justin and I decided that we wanted to go on a fun, affordable, and practical honeymoon.

It was absolutely perfect.

We had a few minor speed bumps along the way with the floods in Nashville and oil spill fears in Panama City Beach, but everything worked itself out in the end.

The condo was amazing. We were the very last room in the corner of the complex with a window ocean view. Nothing beats waking up in the morning to rays of sunshine streaming on the waves crashing upon the sandy coast.

The room was rather small with everything compressed in one area and the only other room was the bathroom. The bedroom was literally one step away to the kitchen counter, but it was perfect for the two of us.

Our first adventure was scuba diving at Vortex Springs. The water was super clear and we actually ended up going about 60 feet deep. We saw a cave that travels down about 300 feet, but you could NEVER EVER pay me enough to cave dive. Not with my spazzy personality....But we did two dives and explored the clear waters and even feed the fish.

Our second adventure was a scuba diving and snorkelling trip at St. Andrews State Park in the Jetties. We saw a lot of wild life - sea turtle, schools of fish, sea urchins, and tons of other little creatures roaming the sea walls. For the first hour, we stayed about 8 feet under water. Then in the final fifteen minutes or so we ventured over to the other side of the wall and got about 21 feet deep. Thankfully, we saw no sharks. =)

Our third adventure was a jet ski dolphin tour. What an incredible experience!!! Justin literally jumped right in the water while dolphin swam under our jet ski. He was so close to the wild dolphins face that I joke that he cheated on by that day by kissing the dolphin. I didn't jump in because 1- I was still slightly afraid and 2- I had two snorkel kit bags on my shoulders that I didn't want to lose in the ocean. My only regret this day is not wearing sunscreen because we got absolutely fired by the sun.

Justin, being the amazing chef he is, cooked for us two nights while we were down there: shrimp, grouper, oysters, and clams. And the shark hunter next door gave us shark fillets that we ate last night with some friends.

The best part of the entire trip was just looking over at Justin when he was driving or laying right next to me. My husband. My best friend. My one true love. My soulmate. I couldn't be happier. His smile melts my heart. Everytime I hear him say, "I love you" -- it gets better and better. And I fall more in love with him each and every day.

Much love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment