I’ve neglected my blog for the last month or two. Not on purpose. I’ve done a lot of writing in my head… a lot of thinking. I won’t share the details of the last two months, but here are a few thoughts and experiences that I have felt over the past few months…
- ALWAYS have “Thank You” at the tip of your tongue…you can never say it enough. I actually keep a stack of thank you cards at my desk.
- Take time out of your day to smell your coffee, notice a happy child, take a deep breath and exhale slowly and hug the ones you love an extra second longer.
- Don’t assume people can read your mind, speak up!
- Always stand up for something or someone you believe in. Always!
- Take control over your life. No one else can, except you.
- If you want something done right, sometimes you need to do it yourself.
- Stay at home on Friday night and keep your phone turned off.
- Cook something new. I’ve been obsessed with baking lately and I have a lot of fun making new things for people and parties.
- Put yourself out there and say how you feel – even if that means you are going against the norm.
- Journey sings it best… don’t stop believing (in yourself).
- People will blow you off. They will make you an option, even if you make them a priority. You need to learn how to move on. Don’t burn down bridges, but learn when to take a different path if the relationship is going down the path you would like….
- You can not appreciate the sunshine unless you experience the rain.
- You don’t always get an "A" on the first test; keep trying and you will get better each time.
- You will change and so will your friends. People grow up and that sometimes means they grow apart. Don’t fight this…just accept this change and value the time you used to share together in your past.
- Don’t forget that the best gift you can ever give someone is your time.
- “It’s not about the fall. It’s about the rise.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM5A1K6TxxM&feature=youtu.be Watch this as it applies to not only running, but life general.
- If you want to make a difference, do it. If you want to eat better, stop eating out and start cooking healthy meals at home. If you want to start working out, find a gym and a workout buddy. Stop saying tomorrow.
- Life can be taken away in a blink of an eye. Don’t forget how valuable every single moment of your life is…
- You can’t be everywhere …to everyone…all of the time. It’s sad some people can’t realize this and if people get upset because you start saying “NO”, they aren’t worth (your time). Stop spreading yourself so thin…some days you just need time for YOU!
- “Remember the rainbows in your clouds.” In other words, remember the people who helped you through dark times….call them today and thank them for their support and love when you needed it the most.
PS I promise, I'm back to this blogging gig.