Thursday, May 3, 2012

Somebody That I Used to Know

While running today, the song "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye came on.

I didn't cry. You should be proud about that...

However, I couldn't help but think of a few people in my life who drifted away from me.

One moved away without even saying goodbye.

One has completely shut me out...I think I've seen this person 4 times in the last two years.

Another has made a decent effort to keep in touch, but it feels forced.


I suppose part of growing up is growing apart...

But when I love someone, I love hard.

My friends are my family.

So with each of these fading friendships, I feel like I am losing part of myself.

"But you treat me like a stranger and it feels so rough" 

It's like a break-up. I'll find myself looking at their pictures...remembering our old memories.

So many memories. 

As I'm writing this post, I'm somehow finding the courage to smile. I know that some friendships are "over" - but others are just starting. And I couldn't be happier about the friendships I've developed over the last year.

Everyone is in (or out) of your life for a reason. 


Much love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment