|Gaga said it best: Just Dance.|
|May I have this dance?|
|Okay, let's get serious.|
I was supposed to run 10 miles today.
I did 5 miles.
Well, running in 91 degree heat is ridiculous, but my migraine didn't break until this afternoon....
But the biggest factor for my bad run I was mentally unavailable during our run. With every step, I was adding something to my list or thinking of something I needed to accomplish for the week.
Mile 1 thoughts:
- Do laundry when you get home.
- What should I wear to work tomorrow?
- You should definitely wear a dress.
- Fall will be here soon!
- I LOVE FALL!
- You need to start saving money so you can get new boots!
- You also need to clean your car today.
- So much Bandit hair.
- Hmmm sushi sounds good for dinner.
- (Justin drives by and honks at me).
- I don't remember to say hello.
- Keep running.
- Oh crap, don't forget to write that blog post for tomorrow.
- Did you write those press releases yet?
- No, no you didn't.
- You must do that tonight.
- Man my feet hurt.
- Crap it's hot out.
- Stop complaining!!!!
- That desk...you must clean the desk at home.
- Don't forget to write those notes from your meeting with Sierra.
- OMG it's SOOO HOT!
- Did I just swallow some sweat?
- Ohhh the pumpkin spice latte comes out next Tuesday!
- Mark your calendar for the PSL return.
- Don't forget to email our upcoming DJ clients the Excel sheet with song requests.
- Man, DJing is stressful.
- Really stressful.
- And time consuming.
- Can I really do a full marathon?
- No, I can't.
- I'm done training.
- Stop it, you're going to keep going.
- Don't give up.
- I think I have an ocean of sweat on my back.
- Okay, after this mile you're going to the gym.
- Will you hit your 8 visits this month to the gym?
- No, you definitely won't.
- Did you switch the laundry before you left for the gym?
- Maybe I'll get Subway when I'm done.
- Why is Law & Order always so depressing?
- I need to find a new channel.
- Seriously, my foot is going numb.
- Okay, you absolutely need to write those emails for work.
- It might be better if you just write out your "master" to-do list tonight so you can go into work more prepared.
- I wish I was reading 50 Shades of Grey.
- Do people really like...okay, stop thinking about that while running.
- You need to get healthy snacks for work.
- You're eating better this week.
- NO cheese until Friday.
- Okay, that's impossible.
- Just limit your cheese intake.
- This new lotion smells really good.
- You should get your hair colored again soon.
- When will I go home next?
- I miss my family.
- My foot is finally numb.
- I'm getting on the elliptical.
But my inner positive Ashley reminded myself that not every run is a good run. And I should be proud that I got myself out there and tried...I still got an hour or so of cardio in!
Today, I had a bad run.
Tomorrow, I will try again.
And I'm going for 10 miles.