Monday, October 29, 2012

Half Marathon #5: My Playlist


I asked my beloved friends, family, and blog readers to submit me their song suggestions and inspiration for my fifth half marathon this Saturday, November 3.

First and foremost, thank you to everyone who submitted their ideas...it means the world of me. I promise I'll be thinking of each and every one of you during the songs you submitted.  

You will all be with me through these 13.1 miles.

Theresa Robinson:
Hats Off to Larry by Del Shannon (A song my Grandpa Larry requested we play at his funeral. Yes, I'll be bawling this first mile, but I am dedicating the first mile to my Grandpa Larry. Thanks for the inspiration, Mom!)
Some Kind of Wonderful by Grand Funk Railroad
I Wanna Talk About Me by Toby Keith

Heather Lauren:
Where the City Meets the Sea by Getaway Plan
Shut Up and Watch Me Go by Ting Tings
Werk Me by Hyper Crush

Meggie Dials:
Get Back by Luda
Remix to Ignition by R Kelly
My Body by Young the Giant

Emily Grounds:
Domino by Jessie J
Freak'm Dress by Beyonce
You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrisette

Hilary Rose:
Let It Be from Across The Universe Soundtrack
Crank Dat by Soulja Boy
Gossip Folks by Missy Elliott

Melissa Webb:
Born This Way by Lady GaGa
I'm Sexy and I Know it by LMFAO
Because We Can by Fatboy Slim
 
Elizabeth Eastes:

Fight Like A Brave by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Seven Nation Army by White Stripes
Toccata-Trans Siberian Orchestra from Night Castle CD

Chad Hinen:

Renegades of Funk by  Rage Against the Machine:
Run This Town by Jay-Z
God's Gonna Cut You Down  byJohnny Cash

Justin Sieb:
Till I Collapse by Eminem
Ni**as in Paris by Kanye & Jay-Z
Gangnam Style by Psy

Josh Dials:
This Is How We Do It  by Montell Jordan
Dog Days Are Over by Florence + The Machine
Let's Go by Matt & Kim

Ryan Green:
Warm Night Glances by Ryan Green
Swirl by Ryan Green
Safe and Sound by Ryan Green (a song Ryan wrote about we finished our first 10 miler together!!!) 

Sarah Eutsler:
Here It Goes Again by OK Go
Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance by The Black Kids
I Don't Feel Like Dancing by Scissor Sisters

Sarah Murray:
Wanna Be My Lover by La Bouche (from the Night at the Roxbury)
Backstabber by Ke$ha
Remember the Name by Fort Minor
Let's Go by Lil Jon, Twista, and Trick Daddy

Melanie Allen:
Wolf Like Me by TV on the Radio
Call Your Girlfried by Robyn
Saturdays by Cut Copy

Taren DeBolt:
Take Me Over by Cut Copy
Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
Moving like Bernie

My Extra Picks:
Distubia by Rhianna (for Ann Semon)
Don’t Stop Believin by Journey
We Weren’t Born to Follow by Bon Jovi
Bulletproof by La Rou
Runnin Down a Dream by Tom Petty

I have a sneaky feeling this will be my best half marathon yet. 

A reminder.

And to my fellow friends running the half and full marathon on Saturday morning with me:

But really, if one of these has to happen- let it NOT be the latter.
P.S. I tried to capture all of the song ideas, but if I missed your song submissions send me an email or comment below!

Much love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment