Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's Not The Miles, It's How You Live Them

Watch the video below.

And I DARE YOU not to smile.



Welcome back.

You smiled, didn't you!?

Good.

When I first watched the above video, I was immediately inspired for my race on Saturday (my fifth half marathon in case you've missed me talk about here, here, and here).

It's not the miles themselves that matter during my half marathon...it's how I run them.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I will hit my PR on Saturday.

I'd LOVE to finish in 2:45 or less.

I'd be HAPPY with finishing in under 3 hours.

But above all, I'd be happy if I can look back and say I enjoyed every single minute of my race.

I'll smile at every spectator that catches my eyes.

I'll thank every single volunteer.

I'll laugh and find inspiration in every sign I see on the course.

I'll high five my friends when I see them on the course.

Heck, I'll high five complete strangers.

I'll stretch when I need a break.

I'll take pictures.

I'll live tweet (follow me @AshleySieb) during applicable walking breaks!

And I'll definitely be thinking about how far I've come on my weight loss journey.

November 2011:

238 lbs.
Word that comes to mind: Struggling.
I cried for an hour straight when I saw these pictures last year. Why?
Don't make me say it..

October 2012:

222 lbs.
What that comes to mind: Flying.
I smiled really big when I saw these pictures. Why?
You can tell I am much happier in my own skin.


You know what, I take that back.

I'm pretty positive I'll hit my PR on Saturday.

"Your belief determines your action and your action determines your results, but first you have to believe." - Mark Victor Hansen

Much love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment