Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 3: Do You Eat to Live or Live to Eat?

I remember when I was in high school, the gym I went to had a sign. I studied it often and kept my eyes on it through my entire workout.

You see - it's never been about working out- I love working out. I love sweating. I love my heart beating. I love my muscles stretching to new limits. Rather, my eating has always been my biggest battle.

The sign asked a simple question. And I have yet to discover the answer...

"Do you eat to live or do you live to eat?"

Throughtout my journey, I hope to uncover this answer.

Today, my eating went well. But I am starting to get really sick of grilled chicken.

I would do anything to eat a Jimmy Johns sandwich...and I saw a weiner dog walking with its owner and I instantly wanted a hotdog loaded with toppings.

But I didn't fall into a craving cave.

I stayed strong.

Day 3 Eating:
  • scrambled egg beaters with peppers, onions and mushrooms
  • 2 pieces of bacon
  • 1 small orange
  • 12 mixed nuts
  • 12 carrots with hummus
  • grilled chicken salad with tomatoes, goat cheese, peppers, onions, mushrooms and a splash of soy ranch
  • 1/2 cup plain, non-fat greek yogurt with fresh berries
  • 1 large chicken breaast
  • grilled aspargus
  • grilled tomoatoes with goat cheese
  • 1 cup plain, non-fat greek yogurt with fresh berries and 10 chopped pecan
I didn't exercise today. I felt weak and tired and sore - so I took a day off. But that's okay - I'm doing just fine.

Much love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment