Sunday, May 12, 2013

Boys Hate Belly Bombs

Yesterday, I had an entertaining and hilarious glimpse into my future at my nephew's first T-ball game.

I loved watching the kids run all over the field.

They would get SO excited when they hit the ball and then (usually) have no clue where to run.

The kids in the outfield would ALL go after the ball. There were like 15 shortstops.

It was outstanding.

And Braxen did such a great job.

He even hit the ball on the second try (without the tee).


What a stud.

When Braxen was on on third base, one of the many kids around the base yelled over to his dad, "HEY DAD!"

"Yeah buddy?" The dad replied back.

"Guess what today is?" The little guy said.

"What's that?" His dad asked.

"I get my video games back today!" The boy said with such excitement.

Oh boys.

So funny.

So between listening to the hilarious kids and watching their excitement to be playing on a team for the first time, I had a great morning.

I asked Braxen if he would take a picture with me.

"Yeah!" He said, excitement to get all the attention.

"Alright," I said. "I'll have you kiss my belly too!"

"NOOOOOO!!!!!" He said with the most terrified look on his face.

He ran away and hid behind a tree.

I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard.

Eventually Braxen agreed to take a picture with everyone EXCEPT for me!

So I decided to photobomb his picture with my mom.

Cooper's first photo bomb.
Later that day, he told my sister, "I'm not kissing Aunt Ashley's belly! And I don't appreciate her belly bombing my pictures."

I couldn't stop laughing.

Thankfully, at breakfast this morning he came running up to me and gave me a giant hug while he said, "Happy Mother's Day!!!"

It completely melted by heart.

"Do you want to give kiss my belly today then?"

Sarah and Will (my sister and brother-in-law) both said at the same time, "NO! Don't seriously...he won't stop talking about that!"

Well, seems like boys hate belly bombs.

So clearly, I can't wait until my next opportunity to belly bomb him!

I can't wait to be a mom.

And embarrass Cooper on a daily basis.

Much love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment