Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Club Fetus

There was a party today at Club Fetus, but only Baby Sieb was invited!

Seriously, we saw our little Nemo dancing!

Okay, maybe Baby Sieb was just super pumped about having arms and legs instead of nubs.

But there we were, waiting for the ultrasound tech to say something about our baby's developments or my cysts, and then Baby Sieb started wiggling like crazy!!

I honestly wish I could have recorded it.

I mean really, have you ever seen a 10 week old fetus dancing?

Our little one gets it honest.

The heart beat was 158 beats per minute.

And the best news!?

Your prayers and good vibrations paid off....

BYE, BYE, CYSTS!!

Nearly all of the cysts are gone in my left ovary! And the cysts in the right ovary are shrinking dramatically. The doctor said I have nothing to worry about and they should be gone in the next few weeks as my hormones start to "level out."

The ultrasound tech did a few 3D ultrasound images. She warned me it might look a little creepy, but we all agreed it was VERY cool! 

The lights in the club must be too bright.
Baby Sieb rubbing his / her eyes.

Baby Sieb throwing his / her arms in the air + wiggling the booty.

Our little Nemo is growing and healthy as can be for 10 weeks!

After the ultrasound, Justin left. And I was back in the lobby waiting for my next appointment. I had to get my pap done.

So, you know I was looking forward to that (sarcasm). I had to put on that uncomfortable gown. The gown must be opened in the front so my boobs and belly keep flopping out every five seconds. And then I would frantically cover up as if someone was in the room with me....

This went on for about 45 minutes. 

After nearly an hour "patiently" waiting, I got so frustrated that I chucked my phone across the room on my bag.

As if that did any good...I felt like a jackass, but I'll blame the hormones for my pregnancy rage. I walked over, well more like waddled over, and tried not to overexpose myself to "said ghost of room 8" ...and then I put the phone back in my purse.

Just then, the doctor walked in and said he had an emergency surgery that afternoon. He apologized that no one
told me he was running behind. I felt like he read my mind. OR there is a patient video camera rolling for the front desk ladies to review at all times, which would mean they saw my dramatic episode.

To ease my mind, they could have simply said, "Ashley, the doctor is running behind today by nearly an hour. Go ahead and order a pizza while you're waiting. The place next door will deliver and they have the best ranch dressing ever."

That, of course, is what happens in my fantasy world...where you can eat pizza for every meal and everyone has perfected the ranch dressing like Decatur Pizza Hut and Scotty's Brewhouse.

But, I love my doctor and he made me feel SUPER comfortable during the exam, which as many of you know, can be awkward and uncomfortable. 

"Everything looks great!" Dr. Jim said. "And your cysts are shrinking on their own, so that's wonderful. In just a few weeks, you'll be back here telling me that you feel like your normal self again. I promise you'll get your energy back soon, kiddo! Oh, and Pepper (that's the nurse who I love) told me a good story about you and your husband the other day!"

"Oh, she did?" I laughed, wondering which story she could have picked.

"Yeah," he said. "The story about how you two met- I love it. That's priceless."

"Ahhh," I said. "Yes- good ol' beer pong! Last Valentine's Day, I reenacted the night we first met! I set-up a beer pong table. At first I couldn't find ping pong balls so I thought about playing with small red potatoes!"

We both laughed.

"Well, it sounds like you have marriage figured out," Dr. Jim said. "It's about having fun together. And keeping the love alive."

When I get home from the doctor, I was starving. I went straight for the fridge and got some cottage cheese. I looked up and Justin was starring at me with a big smile on his face.

"What?!" I said. "Are you juding a pregnant woman for eating? Because you probably shouldn't!"

"No," he said, still smiling. "I just love you. I was starring at you and smiling before you even put that potato chips in your cottage cheese."

I shoved a chip in my mouth and said, "Well, I love you, too!"

Maybe we don't have marriage completely figured out

But Justin and I do have fun.

And we do everything in our power to keep the love alive- even when one of us is snarky and snacking on cottage cheese and sour cream and cheddar chips. 

Don't judge until you try it. 

Much love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment