Sunday, April 7, 2013

His Smile

"I want mac & cheese, a side salad, and a wrap!" I told Justin.

Everything at Scotty's Brewhouse is so amazing- and deciding what to order can take an hour.

Such an important decision...

"Ashley, do you remember the last time we ate out and you ordered too much?" Justin asked. "You barely at it all!"

"Well, that wasn't at Scotty's!" I replied back quickly.

I saved half my wrap for Justin and shared few bites of my mac and cheese with him too.

The waiter should have just left a pitcher of water on the table because I was chugging my water down too.

"You're a thirsty lady," she said.

"Well, I'm growing a baby!" I replied back.

At first, she didn't know what to say back- I think my comment caught her off guard.

"Oh wow- that's exciting!" she said. "Congrats! You drink up!"

I got up to use the restroom. When I walked back to our table, I noticed Justin had a huge smile on his face.

He has been smiling at me like that a lot lately.

"What are you smiling at?" I asked.

"You," he said.

"What about me?" I asked, thinking I had mac and cheese stuck on my shirt or maybe even my maternity band was showing ....

"Nothing in particular," he said. "I just love you. And your pregnant belly."

Our little one isn't born yet, but Justin is already a proud papa.

And our love grows for each other every single day.

We fight.

Everyone does....

But we know how to say sorry, make-up, and move on.

We also dress up as Harry and Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber.


And nothing makes me happier than when he smiles at me for no reason at all.
 

Much love,
Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment