Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pregnancy and Gender Wives Tales

Tomorrow is the big day!

Pending the baby cooperates, we will know if we are having a Mini Ashley or a Mini Justin.


Note: I got this picture off Google.
This is NOT my belly.

I did some research on gender prediction wives tales and here is what I found:

How Low Can You Go

This one you can do just by looking south: if you're carrying high, break out the pink. If your bump is low, you're carrying a boy.

People say I am carrying high: Girl wins.

Be Still My Beating Heart

Next time your OB pulls out the Doppler to listen to baby's heartbeat, ask her to tell you what the heart rate is. According to legend, 140+ beats per minute indicates a girl, and below 140 a boy.

The baby’s heart beat was 138 bpm at our last doctor appointment: Boy wins.

Salty vs. Sweet

Craving ice cream every single day? Some people believe this means it's a girl. If you have to have salty or sour stuff, then it's a boy.

This is tough – because I crave BOTH sweet and salty. I’ve been eating more sweets than normal, but my biggest cravings have been more salty and sour so: Boy wins.

Chinese Birth Chart

This ancient method uses your age at conception and the month you did the deed to determine gender.
I did the test and: Girl wins.

Potty Time


This one's a little out there. Pee in a cup (you've been doing it at all your prenatal appointments anyway, haven't you?), mix a tablespoon of Drano in, and watch to see if it changes color. Green = girl, and blue = boy.

I am absolutely not doing this…no one wins.

Even and Odd


Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy.

Considering how the Myans were wrong about the world ending…I’ll bet they are wrong about my baby’s gender, but since I am 26 and we conceived in the year 2012: Girl wins.

Unlocking the Mystery

This is one for a friend to try. Place a key in front of your preggo friend and ask her to pick it up. If she grabs it by the narrow part, she's in for sugar and spice and all that. If she picks it up by the round part, it's snips and snails.

I didn’t try this test yet! Maybe I’ll have Justin do this tonight!

Spot On

If you're breaking out like crazy, blame it on your girl babe. The belief goes that girls steal their mother's beauty, hence, those annoying zits.

I haven’t been breaking out that much…so: Boy wins.

Nice Ring to It

Pop off your wedding ring -- if you still can! -- and tie it to a string. Hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, a little guy's in your future. If it goes back and forth, you've got a girl.

We didn’t try this trick yet either! Maybe tonight we will experiment and I’ll update the blog post accordingly!

Queasy Does It

Sick as a dog during the first trimester -- or still? Signs indicate you're having a girl. Little or no morning sickness points to a boy.

I have ZERO morning sickness: Boy wins.

Boy = 4
Girl = 3


Looks like boy is the front runner!

What do you think!?

Is Baby Sieb a boy or a girl?

Much love,
Ashley

PS: Gender prediction information was taken directly from this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment